Yes, we know it feels like last year’s panto has only just finished! Press reports on Su’s panto for Christmas 2017 are already being published, and here are just a few:
• Bucks Herald: Hi De Hi! Su Pollard will star as the Wicked Queen in this year’s Aylesbury Waterside panto: Su Pollard, will be playing this year’s booable baddie, the Wicked Queen, in Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs Fri 8 – Sun 31 Dec. A legend within the showbiz industry with over four decades of experience under her belt and a huge wealth of starring roles on stage and TV – Continue reading…
• Mix 96: Su Pollard wants to be ‘fairest of them all’: Comedian and actress Su Pollard will be playing the role of the Wicked Queen in Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs at the Aylesbury Waterside Theatre this Christmas. The showbiz legend has over 4 decades of experience, and is best known for her roles in roles in the sitcoms Hi-de-Hi!, You Rang, M’Lord? and Oh, Doctor Beeching!, amongst many others – Continue reading…
• Buckingham and Winslow Advertiser: Hi De Hi! Su Pollard will star as the Wicked Queen in this year’s Aylesbury Waterside panto: With further casting to be announced, panto fans are urged to grab their shovel and their pick and book now for this year’s magical family pantomime – Visit www.atgtickets.com/Aylesbury.
• Su Talks Panto: Su said she was looking forward to coming to Bucks. She said: “Brace yourselves Aylesbury! I love panto, and can’t wait to whip you all up into a festive frenzy. It may only be spring but I’m expecting you to practise your boos and polish up your hisses – I like audiences loud and proud, it’s going to be wicked!”
Rehearsals are underway for the big night! The fabulous Su Pollard in rehearsals with Rhys Harding, Josh Baker, Bradley Salter and Louis Clarke-Clare from Birds College. Afternoon of fun with Su, loving her number with the boys. watch out for Su on’ Lorraine’ on the 16th March! For tickets seetickets.com. Dame Vera Lynn 100th birthday celebration London Palladium, March 18th, curtain up 7.30.
• Browse more great photos from the rehearsals at antonyjohns.co.uk. (Photo © antonyjohns.co.uk)
Just one week to go until Dame Vera Lynn’s celebration. Stay updated via @DameVeraLynn100 and @PalladiumLondon. Click below for further information and to book tickets.
Su Pollard can’t wait to return to the stage for Dame Vera Lynn’s 100th birthday bash The actress shares everything she loves about Dame Vera … and Little Mix!
Su Pollard has said she is looking forward to returning to the stage as she takes part in a special performance celebrating the 100th birthday of Dame Vera Lynn.
The Hi-de-Hi! star will give a rendition of the wartime singer’s I’m Gonna Get Lit Up (When The Lights Go On In London) for the special one-off show at London’s Palladium next month.
• Continue reading at bt.com. See further info on Dame Vera Lynn’s 100th Birthday Tribute Show here.
Here at Su Online we like to give our visitors lots of advance notice of forthcoming Su events, so here is confirmation of her panto for Christmas 2016.
Su will play the Wicked Queen in Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs at the Assembly Hall Theatre, Tunbridge Wells.
Snow White & The Seven Dwarfs
Friday 9th Dec 2016 to Monday 2nd Jan 2017
Another spectacular family pantomime for Christmas 2016!
Starring SU POLLARD as the Wicked Queen
UK Productions bring you Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, with sparkling sets, beautiful costumes, hilarious antics, wonderful special effects and loads of sing-along, laugh-along fun. Further casting to be announced.
• Continue reading/book tickets at the Assembly Hall Theatre website. (Thanks to Mark Whitney)
An amateur production of Hi-de-Hi!, by the Fylde Coast Players, has a four night run at the Lowther Pavilion in Lytham St Annes this week.
Su met up with some of the cast while she was starring in panto in nearby Blackpool in January.
Hi-de-Hi! – Wednesday 16th – Saturday 19th March
Friday Night – Why not join in the fun on the 50s and dress in 1950s style holiday dress. (optional)
The yellow-coated hosts of notorious holiday camp Maplin’s come to the Lowther Pavilion in this loving adaptation of the hit 1980′s television series by Jimmy Perry and David Croft.
Fylde Coast Players take to the stage for Paul Carpenter & Ian Gower’s exciting and colourful stage adaptation that will be full of racey gags, old fashioned fun and naturally a xylophone or two.
Join director Paul Lomax in donning the yellow blaser and be whisked away to sometimes sunny Crimpton-on-Sea.
• More info/book tickets at the Lowther Pavilion website. See more photos of Su meeting Heather (who plays Peggy in this production) at the Fylde Coast Players’ website.
Su was at the Park Theatre, London on Thursday to see Hello Norma Jean. Star of the production Vicki Michelle tweeted: “Star studded night @Marilyn_alive @ParkTheatre last night. Great having my mate #SuPollard in the audience“. The Park Theatre also tweeted: “Look who stopped by @Marilyn_alive last night! The amazing Su Pollard! #HiDiHi” (Photo © Vicki Michelle)
As Annie comes to the Liverpool Empire here are five Miss Hannigans
Lesley Joseph first appeared in Annie in the West End, joining a role call of other actors who have taken on the part.
Here are five more stars who have played Miss Hannigan on stage.
Su Pollard: Hi-De-Hi’s Su Pollard has been a regular visitor to the Empire (and other Merseyside theatres) over the years in the guise of little orphan Annie’s arch nemesis. She’s even played the role in New Zealand.
Su says: “I feel sorry for her…I’d like to think she’s misunderstood, her life has been forced upon her.”
• Continue reading at the Liverpool Echo.
Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs is now into its final week at The Grand Theatre, Blackpool. There’s still time to see the show – Everyone who has caught a performance has been raving about how good it was – Stay updated at Twitter. Book tickets by clicking below.
There’s now just over two weeks until Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs opens – Friday 4th December – at The Grand Theatre, Blackpool. Su plays the Wicked Queen in what will be an unmissable panto. Have you got your tickets yet? Click below for all the details at The Grand’s website. (Photo © The Blackpool Grand)
Blackpool gets ready for… Snow White at The Grand. (Photos © The Blackpool Grand)
The Perfect Christmas Gift – Vouchers | Tickets | Experiences…
Su will now not be appearing in Side By Side By Sondheim.
Su thanks everyone for their messages and would like to reassure you all that there is absolutely no need to worry about her.
Su Pollard stars in Side By Side By Sondheim at Brockley Jack Studio Theatre
TV favourite Su Pollard will be joined by Marianne Benedict (Women On the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown, The Wizard of Oz and We Will Rock You) and Grant McConvey (highly commended at the Sondheim Society Student Performer of the Year) for the 2015 London revival of Side By Side By Sondheim at the Brockley Jack Studio Theatre in south London (Tuesday 8 to Saturday 26 September, press night is 11 September).
The Tony Award-winning show features hits from legendary Broadway shows such as West Side Story, Gypsy and Company, taking audiences on a journey through their most classic songs including ‘Losing My Mind’, ‘Being Alive’ and ‘Send in the Clowns’.
Su Pollard said: “It’s just a joy to come into rehearsals, have a fantastic team and work ethic. Everybody’s really helping each other, we’re very joyful, interested, excited and it makes a real change to do some challenging, fun numbers.”
• Continue reading at Musical Theatre Review.